cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy TiVo Settings not working

Jsandrag
On our wavelength

I have followed the instructions below and it tells me it will happen within 30 minutes... i've done it twice with no luck - once 4 days ago, once yesterday.

I have re-started the machine a few times but it makes no difference.

How do i get this resolved? I had hundreds of wishlists and would not be able to recreate them from memory. I was told that it would copy across without any issues.

What can be copied?

The settings you can copy are:

• Series Links
  • Thumb ratings
  • Auto record Wishlists
  • To copy your settings:
    1. Go to manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap
    2. Sign in with your primary My Virgin Media username and password
    3. Click Copy TiVo Settings from the menu on the left
    4. Choose the Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box you’d like to copy from. If your box has been replaced it can take up to 48 hours to show, so you may need to check back if it doesn't appear
    5. Choose the box you’d like to copy the settings to
    6. And lastly, the settings you’d like to copy!
13 REPLIES 13

Jsandrag
On our wavelength

HI - I am also having this issue - how can i get it resolved - I had hundreds of wishlists and they aren't copying across. I was promised that they would copy across with no issues... if i hadn't been given this confirmation I would have taken photos of them before i turned the old box off. It's taken me years to collect this list .. how do i get it back? thanks.

#admin please help me? 

Thanks for your post Jsandrag,

Sorry to see that copying the settings from one set top box to another has not been straight forward

Can you please confirm that you've followed the instructions stated on this link for me?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

ozsat
Superstar

It hasn't worked for over a year - all looks good when you go through the website menus but nothing ever happens.

There is a fault open for it but don't hold your breath - VM staff note the last fault number I had was NKE00015482.

There are several threads about this.

@Jsandrag wrote:

I have followed the instructions below and it tells me it will happen within 30 minutes... i've done it twice with no luck - once 4 days ago, once yesterday.

I have re-started the machine a few times but it makes no difference.

How do i get this resolved? I had hundreds of wishlists and would not be able to recreate them from memory. I was told that it would copy across without any issues.

What can be copied?

The settings you can copy are:

• Series Links
  • Thumb ratings
  • Auto record Wishlists
  • To copy your settings:
    1. Go to manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap
    2. Sign in with your primary My Virgin Media username and password
    3. Click Copy TiVo Settings from the menu on the left
    4. Choose the Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box you’d like to copy from. If your box has been replaced it can take up to 48 hours to show, so you may need to check back if it doesn't appear
    5. Choose the box you’d like to copy the settings to
    6. And lastly, the settings you’d like to copy!

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Jsandrag
On our wavelength
aboslutely

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please don't create multiple posts for the same query - it can lead to replies going in different places and cause confusion (this is why it's against forum rules). I've merged your posts together for you.

There's no easy way of saying this, and you probably already suspect it, but the copy settings function on TiVo/V6 doesn't currently work. It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong - it's not worked for at least a year now, and is probably quite a low priority fix in the grand scheme. Given that VM have a long-term plan to migrate to the new 360-platform, whether this copy function will ever work again is probably debatable.

So the short answer to "how do I get this resolved?" is that you can't. You're going to have to recreate whatever SLs and wishlists you can remember, manually, on your new box. Anyone who told you that you can use this facility to copy them was, I'm sure, well-intentioned. But either wrong, or unaware of the long-standing fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jsandrag
On our wavelength

yes that is exactly what i did and i got a screen which said it would happen within 30 minutes - 4 days ago.. it has not worked. help me please??? i was promised this would work :(.

if i knew it wasn't going to work i would have taken photos of all of them before turning off my old box. 

Jsandrag
On our wavelength

well intentioned or not they have caused me alot of distress and hours of time! that is not acceptable...especially since you say it has not worked for months. 

sorry for not knowing how a forum works - ie never used one before and only come here in utter desperation.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a few posts crossing here....

As per post 6 (and others) above, the function doesn't work @Jsandrag and no-one can give you a fix because there isn't one.

Edited to add that you have my sympathies, because I had the same problem when I changed from TiVo > V6. But sympathy is all we can offer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jsandrag
On our wavelength

can i plug my old box back in then to get a list of them all?