cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant orange light Tivo V6 set top box

masai
Tuning in

Hello,

Our set top box light is permanently orange and does not show a picture or respond to either the remote or button on the box itself. 

Tried turning off at the mains, remove all cables and plugged back in a few time but no joy. 

I phoned VM and just couldn’t speak to anyone, just went round an automated loop and was sent a text message with a link. The link does some checks and confirms my box is faulty and the only option is to book an engineer where the earliest slot is next Tuesday (4th Oct) afternoon. So now I have to take time off work.  Was hoping they’d just post a new box and I can return the faulty one. 

I have a second box which works fine using the faulty ones power cable, hdmi and network cable so it must just be a faulty box.

if anyone at VM can help please that would be great. 

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM will only send out boxes for new installs, not for fault callouts. It ensures there are no other issues, & also negates issues with boxes not being returned & then being sold illegally as has happened in the past.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi masai, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with your V6 box. 

We understand it's frustrating when something isn't right but the online checks are able to resolve the issues. Where it can't but does pick up errors, it will give you the option of booking an engineer. Chances are this means the box doesn't need replacing. If the online checks determine a replacement is needed, it would have offered that option. 

i can see from this end that you were able to book the visit so please let us know how it goes. 

If you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi. It decided to work yesterday and seems fine now. I tried to call a number of times to cancel the appointment but the my calls keep getting dropped after a few minutes. Can you cancel it please?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Masai, 

Thank you for your post and glad everything is looking okay, I have taken a look at our systems and there is no active Tech appointment. Did you manage to reach our team.

Zoie

Hi Zoie

No I didn’t. Good job the box started to work then!

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for that,

Do let us know if the issue occurs agai!

All the best,

Kain

No worries. I did get a text on Monday and was able to cancel by replying. All working fine. Cheers