Menu
Jheningt
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Constant c133 error

Constant running into c133 errors. Rebooted router so many times but its not fixed it. V6 is connected to router by lan cable. No reported services issues. What do i try next.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant c133 error

Its a network connection error message. First get a new Cat6a cable. Then switch off both Hub and V6 and unplug from the mains for 5 minutes then restart the Hub. Let it boot up and settle for a few minutes and check the network is connecting ok to a laptop or phone or whatever. Then connect the new cable between Hub and V6 and start up the V6. It should boot up and remake the network connection. Check on the connection when finished on the TV from Home>Help>Settings>Network>Connection status. If that doesnt work - call it in as a fault

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Jheningt
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, i will give this a try. In the short term i connected wirelessly and that seemed to work. I was also having issues wired connection to the tv and that was also fixed by switching to wireless. Will get some new cables and recheck.

0 Kudos
rosecherished
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I could never fix this C133 error. Forever rebooting V6 box. It would resolve for a couple of days. Happen again and again. Finally got an engineer out who got me to get rid of my Netgear signal booster. Made not one iota of difference. So carried on per usual.

Now got C130 error. Checked all wires properly plugged in several times. Rebooted several times. Error still there. Today I lost BBC tv channels guide (and scheduled recordings) plus Search, Help, catch up but TV guide for other channels still there.

Would love to know how to connect through WiFi 

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Go to Home

Scroll down to Help and Settings

Go to Settings

Go to Network

Go to Change Network Settings

Go to to Connect to WiFi

Follow the on screen instructions 

0 Kudos
rosecherished
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No option to change network settings 

Options -

Connect to the Virgin Media Service now

View Network Status

View Network Diagnostics

0 Kudos
rosecherished
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@rosecherished wrote:

No option to change network settings 

Options -

Connect to the Virgin Media Service now

View Network Status

View Network Diagnostics

Sorry! Cracked it - hadn’t unplugged Ethernet cable so it wasn’t giving me the option.

Now loading info.

Thanks for help 😊

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jheningt

I appreciate you taking the time to GTE in touch about the constant error message.

You mentioned you were gong to check this with some new cables.

Have you had a chance to test this since you last posted? If so pop back and let us know if this rectified the issue.

Speak soon!

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos