Menu
lobsters15
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Connecting v6 boxes

I have two v6 boxes and both are wirelessly connected to the Hub3 . Siganl strength to both boxes is 100% and yet I cannot watch a complete recording from the other v6 box without the programme ending with an error message and an instruction to press the home button. To solve this problem I connected one of the boxes to a Devolo power plug with an Ethernet cable. Again after watching a programme from the other v6 after half an hour the programme ended with the same error message. This is very frustrating and a solution would be very welcome.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting v6 boxes

V6s are very demanding on WiFi. Even with 100% signal, if WiFi is congested with neighbours hubs then its like being in a traffic jam on a motorway. Your data has to "wait its turn" along with all the others using that WiFi channel.

If you can switch the V6 to 5 Ghz WiFi (you may have to give the 5Ghz output from the hub a different SSID to do this) you may find this band less congested.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting v6 boxes

HI lobsters15,

Thanks for your post.

Very sorry to hear you have been having trouble with the recordings.

Has this been resolved since your post?

If it hasn't please let us know and we will be more than happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos