Menu
AreteFox
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Connecting two V6 boxes

I’ve just had V6 boxes installed - one in living room next to internet and one in bedroom. Both installed by virgin media connected to cables that go outside the house. Please could someone explain why I can’t view recordings from each on both televisions - I’ve read other answers and they’re too technical - basically, do I need some other device that wasn’t provided with the equipment when it was installed? Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting two V6 boxes

Hi AreteFox

To view the recorded content on either box you'd need to ensure that they're both connected to your home network. With that in mind, could you talk us through how they're connected? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Criag

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AreteFox
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I may have half solved the issue now - I found that the upstairs box was on the 2.4ghz internet and the downstairs was on the 5ghz , so put upstairs box on 5ghz and had some success connecting although it still fails 50% of the time. Every other WiFi device I use at home gets a good reception upstairs but I’m beginning to think the upstairs box has trouble with the WiFi signal. Both boxes play fine except for when I’m trying to view content recorded on one box on the other box.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You should use a direct Ethernet cable to connect the one close to the internet and 5GHz WiFi for the other. Also separating out the Hub 3.0 SSID into two, one each for 2.4GHz and 5GHz, is definitely worth doing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI AreteFox

Thanks for the response, I'd give Ernies suggestion a go as it could just be that the connection to the upstairs box isn't strong enough. 

We'd love to hear how that goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos