cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting V6 box to additional tv

scotsking
Tuning in

Have just had to upgrade from a TiVo box to a V6 box due to picture issues and I previously had an rf converter connected via scart connection to the TiVo box to have audio linked to hifi speakers and to a TV in another room via coaxial cable. The scart port on the V6 box is a round pin connection & after searching these forums I understand that this port is not actually enabled.

I have found a rf converter that has hdmi in & coaxial out so would it be possible to use this in conjunction with an hdmi splitter?

3 REPLIES 3

LittleMick73
Superstar

Hi I think this is something you need experiment with, in order to receive virgin on another TV you will need a 2nd box and a subscription. Regards Micky 

Hi scotsking 

I agree with @LittleMick73 you need a second box to watch in another room, and there 'could' be legal reasons why you can't simply duplicate.

The splitter should work, though I don't know why you would want to use it. All you would be doing is watching whatever was on the main TV, you wouldn't be able to watch different programs on two TV's using the same feed 🤔

If' that's all you're looking to do then try the cable and see.

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

The only way to get video from a V6 is by HDMI, so the second TV needs an HDMI input via an HDMI splitter or switch.

You can send audio to your speakers from the V6's S/PDIF digital or 3.5mm mini jack analogue connectors.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection