cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting LG TV to Virgin V6 box

JanePen
Joining in

My HDMI connections in my tv have broken but it has a SKART connection as does my v6 box. However I can’t get the tv to connect to broadband and actually work. There’s an option in the LG TV to connect to BT but not Virgin so wonder if there is a work around. Or I’ll need a new tv! Argh. 

Can anyone help? 

Jane 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You must buy a new TV. If you are on a budget go for a full HD, otherwide a 4K if you want to view 4K content.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The connection designated SCART on the V6 hardware isn’t active. The only output is HDMI.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

You must buy a new TV. If you are on a budget go for a full HD, otherwide a 4K if you want to view 4K content.

--

Thank you for answering. It seems odd to have a sucker that’s not active. The HDMI socket is definitely broken so at least I know not to keep trying. 

I appreciate your time 

Jane 

Socket not sucker 😂😂

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The hardware is common across Europe and that socket is enabled in some countries.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Even if it's enabled that is definitely not a SCART socket. Bear in mind that the content providers have never liked people being able to copy programmes to VHS or DVD recorders and in the end got the SCART socket removed from set top boxes. No SCART socket is present on any recent box from VM, BT TV or Sky, and the TiVo will be gone within a few years when we are compulsorily migrated to Horizon 4.

--