cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect V6 and Soundbar

chs117
On our wavelength

What’s best way to connect V6 and Panasonic Soundbar (also Panasonic TV) Do I connect directly from V6 to Soundbar? Help I am confused 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chs117  - I've moved your post to the V6 board. There's more TV-specific experts in these parts...

I don't use a soundbar but have my V6 connected via an A/V amp instead.

Your V6 has an HDMI connection and optical port. I'd imagine your soundbar uses an optical connection in which case you just need to connect the two using an optical lead.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I think you'll need to provide the model of the soundbar as connections can vary a lot.

I don't have a soundbar but I do know that in many cases the sources, such as a V6 or a Blu-ray player, are connected to the TV and there's a cable from the TV to the soundbar using HDMI ARC.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

The current connection is Vm router(now used as modem) into Panasonic TV . The output via HDMI is to Panasonic Soundbar Bar sc-htb489.I have a hdmi into the tv and hdmi from tv to soundbar 

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi I don't have a soundbar, I have a 5.1 amp system which is connected V6 to TV HDMI cable amplifier digital optical from amplifier to TV which works perfectl. Regards Micky

You asked the same question earlier. Do you have a problem with your setup?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Yes but have sorted. HDMI  plugged into TV No1 to v6. Then HDMI from Tv into Soundbar