cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cinema uhd on demand

Mwells66
On our wavelength
  • Took a retention bundle out last weekend for ultimate volt. Contract states cinema and entertainment uhd, checked cinema the day it upgraded and I had subscribed showing on the uhd movies, next day and since then every movie says upgrade to watch. Online chat guy said I would only some movies available, but every single movie says upgrade. Is this correct, or just another outsourcing centre fob off?
8 REPLIES 8

NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic

@Mwells66 wrote:
  • Took a retention bundle out last weekend for ultimate volt. Contract states cinema and entertainment uhd, checked cinema the day it upgraded and I had subscribed showing on the uhd movies, next day and since then every movie says upgrade to watch. Online chat guy said I would only some movies available, but every single movie says upgrade. Is this correct, or just another outsourcing centre fob off?

Another fob off. Call retentions as they seem to be the only people that know anything.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It might be worth checking which formats are saying "subscribe".

But I'm inclined to agree with this being a "CS special"

On a V6, you can try refreshing the EPG via Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels. I've never been entirely convinced that it works on VoD, but it doesn't hurt or involve a reboot.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ozsat
Superstar

Some titles which say 'subscribe' may help so others can check.

@Mwells66 wrote:

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Mwells66
On our wavelength

I renewed with retentions on ultimate volt package, contract came through and shows the cinema + entertainment uhd included on the deal. First day the cinema uhd showed subscribed on the V6 and played okay, ever since then it's saying I need to upgrade. I've been on chat and the guy said only some titles are included, which is rubbish of course. Since chatted on the phone to another guy, he sent a signal, had to reboot the boxes and the router, still nothing. He said he'd escalate it, but I've never heard anything since then and it's still not working.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As previously asked, can you provide some specific examples?

And confirmation of whether you've tried the "I'm missing some channels" menu?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mwells66
On our wavelength

I've tried the missing channels thing, still the same. As for specific examples; every single title on cinema and entertainment, all of them say upgrade.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It looks like you'll need to call CS and ask them to update the systems and reactivate the addon.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Mwells66,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you've had some issues with the UHD channels.

So I can take a closer look I'll just need a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm