cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Childrens channels

Philstringy
On our wavelength

Hi,

Channels 701 and 702 HD CBBC and CBeebies both seen to constantly pixelate...all other channels seem ok

Anything I can do? Any fixes?

Thanks

30 REPLIES 30

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi this is inherent of a signal level issue, you will need to phone go down the TV faults route they can check your levels while on the phone, then you will need an engineer to adjust the levels between your box and the street cabinet.Regards Micky

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Philstringy,

Have you tried rebooting the V6?

Channels are carried in clusters on the VM platform.

Sky Sports Mix HD, TJC HD, ITVBe HD, BBC Four HD and Sky Arts HD are carried on the same cluster as the children's channels you mentioned.

If you also have problems on the other channels I listed then it definitely looks like a signal fault.

Check all the wiring, especially the white coaxial. make sure everything is snug and tight with no kinks.

If the problem persists after that then you need to speak to TV Faults.

Call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Or if you aren't in  a hurry to have this fixed you can wait a few days and a member of the forum team may pick this up for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sky Sports Mix HD, TJC HD, ITVBe HD, BBC Four HD and Sky Arts HD - the only one of these I have is BBC Four HD 

The 2 channels were ok tonight, my wife thinks it's only daytime when they play upwhich I'll check over the next few days.

I have re-booted the v6 box.

appreciate your help

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks to all

I will continue to monitor the channels, but they seem ok today.

If VM can check remotely that would be most helpful.

I'll await the staff on here to check that for me if possible.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Philstringy

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your TV services. 

I have taken a look over things from here, I can see that your hub has been up for 140 days. 

Please could you pin hole reset your hub and let me know how things are looking after that. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Possibly worth adding here that live TV isn't carried over the internet though.

The hub provides connectivity for OnDemand & streaming, not broadcast TV.

I'm guessing that Zak hasn't found any signal issues on your TV piece, and this is just a precaution.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks,

Perhaps Zak could confirm if a signal issue showed up.?

Philstringy
On our wavelength

Thanks Zak,

I will do this and give you a shout