Menu
Highlighted
Leoandfisher
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Charge of £5

Hi

I called up recently to get my V6 box. While on call I asked about changing my package and got a quote. I asked for a break down of what I was paying and was told I was paying £5 to rent the box in my living room and an additional £7.50 for bedroom box (which I was aware of)

This came as a shock as I was aware I was also paying for living room box. I've had a Google and it says as long as your on mix and above this charge should be included in bundle so why would I be getting charged it. I'm on full house 200 broadband and unlimited calls. I've only not got Sports and movies basically???  

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charge of £5

Hi if you do it online you don't get mixed up with a off shore call centre that at best don't know what they are taking about and seem to give convicting information, I did my V6 free upgrade that way and no problems with it whatever. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Leoandfisher
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the confusion it wasn't for the actual V6 box it's for my first box they say I've been paying £5 month for two years since I rejoined them. I questioned it and he said if you want the box you must pay.

I wasn't under the illusion you hired the box from them especially since you have to return the equipment once finished. I don't know but as you say you can never get through to someone UK based which is so annoying as they can't answer a simple question correctly. I tried online chat once that didn't go much better and is murder to find.

I would go to sky but my husband won't because of virgins broadband speed.

Thanks anyway I'm definitely thinking of downgrading as with a baby due need to save as much as possible if im paying £5 anyway may as well go to freeview and no calls as I dont watch much TV or use phone. 

0 Kudos
BennyH
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your better off calling and picking the option to leave and then you will be put through to the UK retentions team where they should be able to help.

Hope you get a refund!👍

0 Kudos
Leoandfisher
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I think I might just do that. At least to get some clarification and downgrade. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
BennyH
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your welcome!👍

0 Kudos