cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channels keep pixelating

Hoskinshozzy
On our wavelength

Hi, 

a lot of channels on my box keep pixelating and going really bad with green boxes and the channel and sound cutting out all the time. At first I thought I was certain hd channels but it has just done it again on sky sports f1 that is not hd. It is happening regularly and usually after watching the channel after a little while. I have tried restarting the box multiple times checking the connections etc. but is constantly happening on a lot of channels. 

6 REPLIES 6

Hoskinshozzy
On our wavelength

In fact on going upstairs and trying to watch it up there it is also happening on that box as well. This must be a signal issue??

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Hoskinshozzy, 

Thank you for your post 🙂 
I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your TV service, are all channels affected? Have you tried changing the HDMI cable?
I have checked on our systems and all looks okay. Let us know so we can best help.

Zoie

Yeah I have changed then and it is weird it is both. Ices if it was the hdmi cables 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this happen with OnDemand programmes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Doesn’t seem to although that can freeze and not work sometimes. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Freezing on VoD would be caused by a different fault to pixellation on live TV.

That you don't have this problem on VoD demonstrates the HDMI connection is unlikely to be the cause - if it were, all video output would be indiscriminately affected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks