cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channels 4 & 5 poor reception

Freddy59
Tuning in

For about 3 weeks now, Channels 4 & 5, non-HD and HD, have suffered from muted picture tones, loud music soundtrack and worst of all, subtitles are rarely available, despite them being advertised. Is this a national problem with Virginmedia or with Channels 4 & 5?

5 REPLIES 5

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi Freddy59,

The ongoing issues are a result of a fire at the Red Bee Broadcast Center, it has affected several channels.

You can read an update here: Red Bee Fire 

😊

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's a national problem with Red Bee Media, a broadcast playout centre which carries C4 & C5 amongst others, and it's affected viewers on all UK platforms. Sky, Freeview, Freesat & Virgin Media.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/slow-restoration-for-channel-4-and-5 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Have you also noticed that the sound/background music is always drowning out the dialogue on Channels 4 & 5, even before the present problem? Switching on a soundbar or surround system alleviates the problem somewhat. Don't the sound editors check these things before broadcasting?

Hi @Freddy59 thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues that you and your fellow customers are currently experiencing.  I cannot add anything to what your fellow community members have advised.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Freddy59,

Unfortunately, the Red Bee issues are still being resolved, albeit VERY slowly.

There will continue to be issues with broadcasting moving forward, hopefully not too long.

You can read the latest update here > Red Bee Fire Update 

Hope this helps.

Steve

Utrinque Paratus