cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel Guide - PDF - April

pdfbt40
Fibre optic

So disappointing Virgin Media have not recognised the date with an April Fools issue of the Channel Guide.

Web page fully updated with changes over the last month, and the Guide fully checked and amended.

Probably better to leave until tomorrow as getting it partially right would be so disappointing.

pdfbt40
5 REPLIES 5

pdfbt40
Fibre optic

Missed opportunity on the 1st April, here we are on 4th April instead.

"With so much on the box, there’s no better time to get bang up to speed on where you can find all the great channels available to you. "

True, so why is the following announcement unchanged for 1st February??

Although dated 1/4/2022 the Channel Guide doesn't seem to have been otherwise edited, with removed Channels still in the list.

Why bother having a routine to change the date if the information isn't accurate?

pdfbt40

Hi pdfbt40, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you feel this way. 

You can view the latest TV Guide here

If you scroll down, you can access the desktop and mobile versions of the latest PDF versions. 

Can you let us know which information is incorrect so we can get this raised with the relevant teams?

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Why do you give  a link to the website for the PDF Channel Guide and how to use it ?

Isn't it obvious that i know that?

As to what's wrong, surely your people are capable of working through the official register of channels available and the packages, legacy & current, they belong in?
Whenever such a question is asked, customers are referred to the Channel Guide, so I'm not sure how I'd do the job for you apart from occasional EPG gaps that appear.

On that basis, SiFi +1 - 229 was removed several weeks ago.  Never announced on the website.
Incidently, as I've pointed out, why isn't the Channel Guide web page reviewed when the guide is revised?

I think leaving 'new' announcements of changes which are 2 months old show the contempt with which VM regard TV customers.  Better I suppose than 'News' pages with announcements for coming programmes/events years old.

pdfbt40

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pdfbt40 wrote:

On that basis, SiFi +1 - 229 was removed several weeks ago.  Never announced on the website.
Incidently, as I've pointed out, why isn't the Channel Guide web page reviewed when the guide is revised?

I think leaving 'new' announcements of changes which are 2 months old show the contempt with which VM regard TV customers.  Better I suppose than 'News' pages with announcements for coming programmes/events years old.

Hi @pdfbt40 

SYFY +1 was shown in the EPG as channel no longer transmitting from the date of it closing. The closure of which is Sky's decision and not VM's.

Also Channel 614 which is NBC News NOW is missing from the guides

The discrepancies on the EPG had already been passed on to the moderators by myself last Friday.

As to the news pages you should be using the new version, the VMO2  link which is up to date

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/ 

I agree the  virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide  should also be updated with the latest changes highlighted, (such as the removal of SYFY+1 and the introduction of NBC News NOW) along with the previous latest changes if there haven't any others when the guide is revised.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Why hasn't VM-O2 announced the new site?
Yes lots of company news, but not much use for a TV Customer and no link to the Channel Guide.

Couldn't even find a O2 Top Up facility!
pdfbt40