cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 922 Classic FM

Argy
Rising star

Channel 922 regularly suffers from the m stuttering and breakouts.

Some weeks are better than others - this last week has been a lot worse.

No other channel is affected (sound or video on TV).

Both V6 boxes affected in exactly the same way.

Broadband is fine.

Reboots make no change

All I can do is to pause for a few seconds and then start again on delay. Seems OK then (because feed is buffered perhaps?) 

Thanks to a similar question in 2019 I have tried the Radioline app. 

That is fine. 

But why go through multiple hoops to get something that is on the simple channel guide? 

Can you explain why this one channel (out of all the TV and radios that are on the main guide) has this problem - or even better, fix it without recourse to another app? If I'm going to do that, I'll use Tune in on my phone and cast it to Chromecast instead. 

47 REPLIES 47

Hello @Argy @mikes2400,

I'm sorry this is still ongoing. Our team are still investigating but unfortunately, every time we check it, it seems to be working fine. They have asked for the following information.

Could you please provide a list of dates & times when it has happened?

Hopefully if we can nail this down, we will be able to replicate the issue and fix it.

Many thanks,
Dan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

When Message 17 was posted I had already noticed a distinct improvement. That was when we were told "The fault ticket that was logged back in August has been completed and the team advised that the issues have been resolved on 31/08".

So for me the issue is resolved, but of course others may have a different experience.

Hi @Dan_M

It has been happening most days, but looking back on this thread, I definitely experienced it every weekday for w/c 13 Sept and last Wednesday 29th Sept.

As it happens almost immediately, the switchon times would be around 8.45-9am.

As most days the single pause would fix it for the day, then there are no other times. 

I will try to remember not to immediately pause from tomorrow, in order to give you some dates and times

@dan_m

Thought it was cracked today,  o problems all day.

Then started to break up at 22:45,just after turning over after news and weather (don't know if that is relevant or not!)

The pause trick worked again. 

Thank you for responding. Apologies for my late reply. I will pass the details on to our team and see what they can find!.

EDIT: I understand you're already in touch and helping us get to the bottom of it! Thanks for your help with it Argy.

Dan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Latest news.

I have not heard any breakups since Tuesday night.

I normally have the radio playing all working day (so 8.30 ish to 5.30 ish) and later at night, so this is probably the longest I have gone without having to pause for a second.

Might not have it on much over the weekend, but let's wait and see what Monday brings.

Hi Argy,

Well, it's only taken 2 months, so fingers crossed all's well Monday.

🤞😊✌️

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Hi @Argy thanks for getting back to us.

How have things been since you last posted?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @lee_r

Actually, I'm surprised to say that again, everything has been fine since switching on about 8.30 today.

Probably put the kybosh on it, but touch wood, has been fine since I last reported the break up (Tuesday night?) about a week ago.

Probably the longest in a couple of years. 

HI Argy, thanks for the message and I am happy to hear that this is now resolved. Please let us know if anything changes and have a good week. ^Chris,