cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 922 Classic FM

Argy
Rising star

Channel 922 regularly suffers from the m stuttering and breakouts.

Some weeks are better than others - this last week has been a lot worse.

No other channel is affected (sound or video on TV).

Both V6 boxes affected in exactly the same way.

Broadband is fine.

Reboots make no change

All I can do is to pause for a few seconds and then start again on delay. Seems OK then (because feed is buffered perhaps?) 

Thanks to a similar question in 2019 I have tried the Radioline app. 

That is fine. 

But why go through multiple hoops to get something that is on the simple channel guide? 

Can you explain why this one channel (out of all the TV and radios that are on the main guide) has this problem - or even better, fix it without recourse to another app? If I'm going to do that, I'll use Tune in on my phone and cast it to Chromecast instead. 

47 REPLIES 47

Hi @Tom_F

PM replied to. 

But yes, it is this channel, and only this channel. 

It affects both of my V6 boxes, and has been like this for a year or more. 

For a long time I have put it down to the feed from Global, but just posted it in the hope that perhaps something could be done. 

VM are aware of the issue and have heared it. I have it too and it is intermittant.

If you get some free time try Syfy+1 as well - see if that has issues.

@Argy wrote:

Hi @Tom_F

PM replied to. 

But yes, it is this channel, and only this channel. 

It affects both of my V6 boxes, and has been like this for a year or more. 

For a long time I have put it down to the feed from Global, but just posted it in the hope that perhaps something could be done. 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ozsat,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this fault as well! 

Are you experiencing this issue on any other channels as well? Can you describe if this is a sound of picture issue in this case?

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Being a radio channel - it will be an audio only issue! It has occasional audio drop-outs and is the only channel.

There is an open fault still for this issue - F009288759

@Paulina_Z wrote:

Hi @ozsat,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this fault as well! 

Are you experiencing this issue on any other channels as well? Can you describe if this is a sound of picture issue in this case?

Thank you,

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Hello ozsat

The Fault is still ongoing , but should be less and less intermittent now

Gareth_L

"less and less intermittent"? 

Do you mean "more consistent"? 

"less and less intermittent" is completely meaningless. It could mean it's happening less often - or equally could mean it's happening more often.

Hi Argy & mikes2400,

Our apologies for the wording on that response. 

I have checked over that fault ticket and it has been closed as we have been unable to locate the issue. 

If the issue returns please do let us know. 

^Martin

Hi @Martin_N

I can confirm that the issue has not even gone away, if anything it has got worse. 

It is still affecting both V6 boxes.

It was worse yesterday, the pause "fix" had to be repeated 3 times through the day (this is a first!) as even the paused stream started breaking up.

And this morning, even the voice audio on the news was breaking up. But today, the first pause was all that was needed. 

Hello Argy

Thanks for coming back to us. I've flagged it with the networks team who've re-opened the ticket as not resolved. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill