cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 922 Classic FM

Argy
Rising star

Channel 922 regularly suffers from the m stuttering and breakouts.

Some weeks are better than others - this last week has been a lot worse.

No other channel is affected (sound or video on TV).

Both V6 boxes affected in exactly the same way.

Broadband is fine.

Reboots make no change

All I can do is to pause for a few seconds and then start again on delay. Seems OK then (because feed is buffered perhaps?) 

Thanks to a similar question in 2019 I have tried the Radioline app. 

That is fine. 

But why go through multiple hoops to get something that is on the simple channel guide? 

Can you explain why this one channel (out of all the TV and radios that are on the main guide) has this problem - or even better, fix it without recourse to another app? If I'm going to do that, I'll use Tune in on my phone and cast it to Chromecast instead. 

47 REPLIES 47

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mikes2400 wrote:

The distorted sound on 922 has been like that for a year or two at least. It's as bad as ever tonight. It clearly affects plenty of people (there are older threads as well) Can anyone give me a reason as to why this persistent fault can't be fixed? (apart from the fact that Virgin probably couldn't care less).

The problem is its not affecting all boxes. Been listening to Classic on my two V6 boxes since this thread started & there are no issues at all. If the network monitoring is not picking anything up then the only option is for VM to start swapping individual boxes out & testing them to find any internal issues. Sounds like a problem with the error correction. I was hoping to talk to a industry friend who may have more knowledge of what this might be, but he's currently away dealing with a major incident on the terrestrial TV network.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It happens here too but is intermittant - and does cure by pressing pause for a couple of seconds.

Not a channel I would lisent to so only noticed when it was reported.

It may have been going on for a year or two - but I only saw it raised as an issue in the last couple of weeks.

@mikes2400 wrote:

The distorted sound on 922 has been like that for a year or two at least. It's as bad as ever tonight. It clearly affects plenty of people (there are older threads as well) Can anyone give me a reason as to why this persistent fault can't be fixed? (apart from the fact that Virgin probably couldn't care less).

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Pressing pause is not a permanent fix, but it does seem to clear it temporarily.

Today, no problem at all on one V6 box. The other, back to pause for a second to prevent the breakup.

Just weird. 

Hi all

This has been raised with the back office team. 

The reference is F009230170 and we'll have this fixed asap

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Evening @John_GS

4weeks later, and it has been happening again today. Has any action been taken (so this is a recurrence), or has there been no action taken so far?

If it is the latter, then that demonstrates the irregularity of the issue.

Hi @Argy and thanks for coming back to us here on the forums.

The fault ticket that was logged back in August has been  completed and the team advised that the issues have been resolved on 31/08.

Have the issues continued to happen since you last posted and since the 31st August? ^SL

Regards,

Steven_L

I've still got the same fault here.

@Steven_L wrote:

Hi @Argy and thanks for coming back to us here on the forums.

The fault ticket that was logged back in August has been  completed and the team advised that the issues have been resolved on 31/08.

Have the issues continued to happen since you last posted and since the 31st August? ^SL

Regards,

Steven_L

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Hi @Steven_L

Yes,this fault has been occurring all week. 

I was away at the beginning of September, but  back to work this week (when I have this playing most times) and it has been needing the pause fix every day, on both boxes.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for letting us know Argy. Just to confirm, is it just this channel specifically you're having issues with - or others too? 

I wasn't able to run any checks on your services using your forum details alone on this occasion, if you get back to me via PM we'll be able to go through some diagnostics to see if we can identify any issues.

Tom