cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 5 very loud

Irene56
On our wavelength

Hi any ideas why channel 5 (105) is extremely loud compared to all the other channels we normally watch?

Channel 154 is normal, but its a pain having to key in the number as opposed to just going up or down a few channels. Plus it makes us jump it is such a shock when we forget.

TIA, Irene

14 REPLIES 14

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this something you've only noticed recently? Could be related the ongoing Red Bee problems if so - C4 & C5 have been particularly badly hit.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/bake-off-day-brings-further-trouble-for-channel-4 

There's always been volume differences between HD & SD channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I don't have that problem, so I suspect a fault either with your V6 or network.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Irene56
On our wavelength

@japitts wrote:

Is this something you've only noticed recently? Could be related the ongoing Red Bee problems if so - C4 & C5 have been particularly badly hit.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/bake-off-day-brings-further-trouble-for-channel-4 

There's always been volume differences between HD & SD channels

@japitts,
Nothing to do with Red Bee problems & I do realise the difference between SD & HD levels, but thanks for your reply.

@Roger_Gooner,

Thanks just as I suspected, I need to brace myself for a long time on the phone to them.

There is anecdotal evidence that calling at 0800 when lines open is when you are least likely to find yourself in a big queue.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Our phone was in use until after 9am (Other half likes talking. Lol) but got through on 150 after about a 10 minute wait which was fine.

Thats when the lady agent started to make my blood boil, it was a very noisy line and her english was very poor. When asked what the problem is I said "Channel 5HD is very loud compared to the other HD channels", she then asked if it was just one channel. Again I said it is only Channel 105, she responded with "Thank you please wait while I look", after a few more questions and my answers her response each time was "Thank you please wait while I look".

What finally tipped me over the edge was her final response "Pease use the volume control on the remote" at which point I said "I'm sorry but I can't talk to you anymore and will speak to someone else, goodbye" and hung up!

Grrrrrrr

Hello Irene56

I am so sorry to hear about the experience you have had calling us 

So I can pass on some feedback to the agent 

I will need to get some account details off you 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Irene56
On our wavelength

Many thanks for the offer Gareth, see my reply.

Hello Irene56

Thanks for your private message 

I am sorry that you are looking to leave 

I was hoping to leave some feedback to improve the service and stop instance like this happening again in the future 

Gareth_L