cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 5 Broken

johna
On our wavelength

My channel 5 HD had not been working for over a year. I have not really cared as the SD version did work. Recently virgin were working in the area and my box needed rebooting several time. Channel 5 HD still does not work but now the SD version doss not work either. Code w02 and w53 respectively. Other channels are fine. Any idea?

6 REPLIES 6

Richw1982
Rising star

Hi, if you go to HOME > HELP > up to TV CARE > Missing Channels.  Then press Home Settings > Network > Connect to VM service now.  Then wait for this to finish and after 15mins reboot the V6.

Failing this it could be a signal issue on those frequency's, is your V6 co-located with your router? 

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

W02 is a classic TiVo-platform signal error, so the standard advice to such queries applies...

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

If C5-HD is affected, check whichever of the following channels you get, all of which are on the same frequency... S4C-HD, Film4-HD, Sky History 2-HD, Sky Sports Action HD, Sky Sports F1-HD.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

johna
On our wavelength

Was going to try today and reset but have woken up to problem in my area and now have complete loss of TV and Broadband.

Website says it will be fixed by 4pm.

in this age of working from home, this is very disappointing as I know I will get no compensation as this has now happened twice in as many days.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi johna thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear of the issues you've had with Channel 5 HD and also the area outage you had with the impact it had on your ability to work from home.  In regards to Channel 5 HD, have you been able to follow the advice of Japitts?  If so, how have things gone?

Regards

Lee

johna
On our wavelength

Tried to restart but the problem persist.

it does affect the same channels as mentioned.

I can’t seem to get through to VM but will keep trying

Hi johna,

Thank you for your post.

I'm really sorry to hear you've been having issues with your TV service. 

There was an SNR outage in your area that looks to have been resolved yesterday. SNR issues can cause an intermittent and slow connection which would affect your TV and broadband services.

Now the issue has been reported as resolved, can you please let us know if you are still experiencing issues?

Many thanks

Beth