cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 4 picture quality issue

pgraham
Tuning in

Hi all,

I've noticed the last few days that all the channel 4 content (e.g. E4, filmfour etc) have taken on a "washed out" look on my TV - e.g. the black letterbox panels when watching a movie are noticeably greyer, all programs have a kind of overexposed appearance. All the other channels I've checked seem absolutely fine, which would suggest that it's a broadcast issue rather than something to do with the box or the TV? Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd also recommend using Channel 4 contact us if you want to query - although I doubt they'll be able to say much more than what's already in the public domain.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi pgraham,

The issue is very likely connected to the fire at the Red Bee Broadcast Center ten days ago. 

There are a few channels suffering as a result. The picture is a little washy and I've noticed that on C4 (104) it doesn't prompt you to watch in HD.

You can read more here: Red Bee Fire hope this helps Sir.

🙂

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Interesting, that might explain it, thanks!

It's still going on, any word from VM as to when this will be resolved?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi pgraham,

It's entirely in the hands of Red Bee and there's nothing VM, Sky, BT, Freeview etc can do.

Ofcom are currently investigating the issue now.

The following link is regularly updated fallout-from-red-bee-broadcast-centre-incident-latest-status/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd also recommend using Channel 4 contact us if you want to query - although I doubt they'll be able to say much more than what's already in the public domain.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks