cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 4 Catch up

FLS
Joining in

Catch up via Channel 4 on Virgin Media is usually not as good as using all 4 via other services (such as an Amazon Firestick), but for the last couple of days it has been impossible to find anything. The ability to search by day has disappeared today, yesterday it was only poossible to find 'Thursday'.

In a few weeks, the cost of my TV and broadband package increases to double that charged to a new customer, so not feeling very happy with the service at the moment. What is the problem with the channel 4 catch up at the moment and why doesn't virgin media allow access access to full all 4 as it is free?

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The C4 OnDemand issues are already being discussed here - edited to mention that if you have a V6 box, then you can access the All-4 streaming app vour "All Apps" menu. Recording your favourite programmes is always likely to be a better option all-round though.

@FLS wrote:

In a few weeks, the cost of my TV and broadband package increases to double that charged to a new customer, so not feeling very happy with the service at the moment

I'm going to guess there's a combination of two issues here..

1: The general price increase from March has kicked in

2: A time-limited discount you had, has expired.

Checking your bills and/or contract will establish which of the two applies. If the latter - you're in a good position to review your account with a view to re-contracting.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @FLS

Sorry to hear you're not happy with how catch up on Channel 4 is functioning. As @japitts says, it might be better for you to use the All-4 app on the V6 itself to see if this it easier and gives you more availability and search options. 

You can see this in the menu under 'All Apps'. Let me know if you have any further issues or concerns, we'll be happy to assist. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley