cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing virgin channels using universal remote

MARTINPARK76
Joining in

Hi everyone

I have an elderly uncle who is partially sighted and has a universal remote tv remote. Can anyone advise me how to sync the remote to allow him to change the channels using this remote instead of the virgin remote?

Thank you

Martin 

6 REPLIES 6

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not all universal remotes will operate a V6. You will also have to switch the V6 to IR (infra red) remote operation, as they operate on RF (radio frequency) by default

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Only the V6 remotes have an RF mode or IR mode. The boxes themselves will respond to IR all the time.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello MARTINPARK76

Thanks for your question 

Just incase this helps 

Our high contrast Virgin TV V6 and TiVo® box remote is available to all our customers with accessibility needs who may benefit from it.

All Virgin TV V6 and TiVo® remotes offer the following features:

• Buttons of different shapes to make using them easier.
  • Curved sides so you know which way it's facing.
  • A raised indicator on the 5 button.

Happy to look at this for your uncle 

Gareth_L

• Hi Gareth thank you for the information. That is good to know about the virgin remote for my uncle. If you can look into this for him I would be very grateful. If you need any details please let me know and I can get them to you.

Martin 

Thank you for that MARTINPARK76.

What I will do is private message you to confirm some details so we can look into this for you.

^Martin

Thank you for chatting with me over Private message MARTINPARK76. 

We have ordered that for you.

^Martin