it is filmed in HD.

Of Course it was on

FoxHD  channel which is now  deleted

As it now belongs to Disney

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The episode of NCIS shown yesterday @ 10pm on 5-USA (if this is what you're referring to) was first broadcast in January 2004.

It's similar to Wentworth Prison in concept - filmed in HD, but Viacom (who have the UK rights) broadcast it on an SD-only channel. It's available via OnDemand in HD - ok, it's for a 30day expiry unlike recordings, but a valid workaround.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Personally, I don’t record from 5USA.

What I do, as a TV 360 user, is set up a Watchlist for the program, say Wentworth, and watch from Catch Up from this Watchlist when available. The Catch Up material is in HD.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Fair point about never recording from SD-only channels (BBC regional excepted).. A V6 lets you do the same by setting a series-link to include "Recordings & streaming videos". A recording will always take priority, but it makes the VoD asset that little easier to access. Or even force "HD only" and it won't record any SD, but just create bookmarks in "My shows". You pays your money and takes your pick.

It's what I've done for the past few series. Does mean you've gotta be careful with the 30day expiry if you're away for a fortnight or so, but all the same.

No it was on at around 8PM