cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch 858 Look North series link failed

Donna35
On our wavelength

Hello,

I had a series link set up for BBC Look North (East Yorkshire & Lincolnshire) on channel 858 and I've just noticed it's showing as no episodes available. Last episode recorded was Friday, Aug 27 so I checked the TV guide - Fridays 18:30 episode is labelled as Look North (East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire) but Mondays 18:30 episode is labelled as Look North (North East and Cumbria). The channel label for 858 still shows as BBC1 Yorks & Lincs. The change to North East and Cumbria is probably why the series link failed - has someone made a mistake somewhere?

Many thanks

Donna

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Donna,

If you look at iPlayer you should be able to find the last days broadcast of Look North.

I'm afraid I can't check channel 858 as it's not available in Teesside, we get the north east and cumbria BBC1 on channel 1 and don't have the regional in the 850's

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Donna35
On our wavelength

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply 😊

I don't know how it works behind the scenes but it looks like someone has got their regions mixed up. Fingers crossed it'll be corrected when they update the TV guide for the week after next then the previous series link will pick it back up again. 

Many thanks

Donna

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Regional news for the first week in advance should be populated with your correct region, but the second week is often defaulted to, in my case, BBC London.

I suspect your issues are region-specific, though.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Oxford series link has stopped working too - all listing as London as of yesterday.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Agreed - I spotted that late last night too.

I've reported it - suspect it's too late to fix today's listings but hopefully tomorrow's can be sorted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Should be fixed now

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Thanks for your update, ozsat, glad to hear the links have been fixed.

Cheers,

Corey C

Donna35
On our wavelength

Thank you - Mine is now showing the correct region and the series link has picked it back up 😀

Hi @Donna35,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear that this has now been resolved for you.

Be sure to reach back out to us here on the forums if you need any further assistance going forward.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!