Menu
deans6571
Problem sorter
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Celebrity Hunted Series Link+ Not Working?

....it could be because I tried multiple times to set the Series Link hence why the V6 thought it was a duplicate. 

However, the fact remains that even NEXT week’s episode is NOT showing in Planned Recordings unless I select it to record EVERYTHING. 

This all makes ZERO sense because all my other Series Links work fine - it’s just this show which isn’t working....

Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

As an experiment I set up a Series Link+ with the ‘New Only’ option. Here is the planned recording.

20181126_001138_25.jpg

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
deans6571
Problem sorter
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

As an experiment I set up a Series Link+ with the ‘New Only’ option. Here is the planned recording.

20181126_001138_25.jpg

You see, yours is also incorrect. The ‘New’ episode is on a Sunday night on Ch4 at 9pm and NOT at 01:34 on Ch 4Seven?!

Highlighted
deans6571
Problem sorter
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

...the Series Link for this show is BROKEN. 

Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I think the planned recording is correct as that's the time the programme is due to be broadcast. At 9pm on Saturday it's going to be 'Get Out' on C4.

https://www.channel4.com/tv-guide/2019/10/19

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

My box is scheduling S3 E2 to record at 9pm Sunday, Channel 4 but also seeing several more repeats on 4-Seven during the week.. so the SL itself seems to be working fine here.

I've seen similar behaviour before, where a particular showing may have been manually recorded and cancelled, the box then flags that episode as "don't record" which is then picked up by the SL and it's duly ignored.

deans6571
Problem sorter
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

I think the planned recording is correct as that's the time the programme is due to be broadcast. At 9pm on Saturday it's going to be 'Get Out' on C4.

https://www.channel4.com/tv-guide/2019/10/19

....the planned recording is NOT correct. Why can't you see that...???????!😠

Riight, lets start this again...........🙄

Celebrity Hunted is FIRST BROADCAST ON A SUNDAY NIGHT AT 9PM ON CHANNEL 4. 

clipboard_image_0.png

Your picture of your planned recording is INCORRECT because :

1. It is 100% NOT recording the FIRST NEW broadcast of this program - it is recording a repeat showing on Monday night at 01:35 on Ch4Seven (the correct NEW BROADCAST is on SUNDAY on CH4 at 9PM!!!!!)

clipboard_image_1.png

and, 

2. It is INCORRECTLY displaying the program as NEW when it is 100% NOT new - the new program aired on the SUNDAY on Ch4 at 9pm........

deans6571
Problem sorter
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

My box is scheduling S3 E2 to record at 9pm Sunday, Channel 4 but also seeing several more repeats on 4-Seven during the week.. so the SL itself seems to be working fine here.

I've seen similar behaviour before, where a particular showing may have been manually recorded and cancelled, the box then flags that episode as "don't record" which is then picked up by the SL and it's duly ignored.

I wonder if this is the case then - perhaps because I manually tried to record the program, and then cancelled the recording in order to set up the Series Link but then the box doesn't record the Series Link as per your post above. This is the only thing which would explain it even though this doesn't make alot of sense.....!! Perhaps a bug?

japitts
Problem sorter
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, once an episode has been cancelled manually, AFAIK no series links will pick that episode up and you'll need to set it manually.
In TiVo scheduling logic, a manual recording takes priority over a series link. I suppose it therefore follows that a manual cancellation also overrules.

Given that your manual cancellation has obviously messed up the SL logic for E1, I'd be interested to see what happens if you were to play around with the SL options in time for E2. Try setting C4-only/4-Seven-only/all-channels, and see what gets picked up - if nothing else, it may just get the scheduler to run afresh each time.

deans6571
Problem sorter
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

Yes, once an episode has been cancelled manually, AFAIK no series links will pick that episode up and you'll need to set it manually.
In TiVo scheduling logic, a manual recording takes priority over a series link. I suppose it therefore follows that a manual cancellation also overrules.

Given that your manual cancellation has obviously messed up the SL logic for E1, I'd be interested to see what happens if you were to play around with the SL options in time for E2. Try setting C4-only/4-Seven-only/all-channels, and see what gets picked up - if nothing else, it may just get the scheduler to run afresh each time.

...appreciate the response above - very helpful. 😊

Will have another play with this tonight and see if anything else gets picked up. Failing that, I'll just set up a manual recording to record anything that appears on Ch4 at the 9pm slot every Sunday night.