cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting to TV via v6 box

stjamespark
On our wavelength

Can I use the v6 box to cast things like Skype, Zoom, Facetime etc from my android mobile so that I can watch my family on the TV while using the mobile as the camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi not via any virgin boxes, but with a smart TV or a fire cube or stick. Regards Micky

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi not via any virgin boxes, but with a smart TV or a fire cube or stick. Regards Micky

Thanks Micky

What about Facebook Messenger?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No.

Any apps that the V6 has on-board can generate a picture that's sent over the HDMI connection to your TV.

Anything else is upto the individual devices and have nothing to do with your VM-V6

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The V6 Youtube app allows you to cast from devices through the V6. No other apps have it. The V6 is Virgin property, so unless other services have an agreement with Virgin to put their own app on the V6 you will not be able to cast through it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Doesn’t the OP want to cast from his mobile device using an app on the mobile device to his TV via the V6?

If this is the case, it’s the mobile apps job to control the casting.

Here is an example, for instance, of the YouTube app on my iPad giving a choice of device to cast to, including my TV 360 (EC360) and my Smart TV (NewUHD).

324675EC-18B4-43E1-9016-E39221791BBD.jpeg