cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting a channel from app to TV

Pieman1972
On our wavelength

Hi all.

Unfortunately my V6 suffered the green screen of death late on Thursday evening....reported it to faults on New Year's Eve afternoon (Friday) and after going through the diagnosis we now have an engineer booked for next Friday!

So this leaves us with no telly as such until then (some apps available via TV) but I was wondering if I was able to stream from one of the VM apps on phone to TV, or does it need a working box to process it? As the V6 was constantly restarting I've unplugged it...   

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately for yourself, the VM TV Go app doesn't directly allow casting to a TV, what that would effectively be doing is to avoid paying a multiroom TV subscription - although I totally understand your legitimate reasons for asking.

Keep an eye on the online apppointments for any cancellations that might popup in the meantime

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply, that was what I was thinking.....just wondered if things had changed...  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Pieman1972 

Here's a possible workaround, I'm not sure if it will work, but worth a try?

If you have a PC or laptop try running the app on that and connect it via an HDMI cable to your TV.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Pieman1972
On our wavelength

Just having a look on My Virgin Media - I can see my appointment for Friday - but even on the App there's no "reschedule" which I am assuming is where I would see any cancellations come up. Looking on the PC again there's nothing. Am I looking in the right place to see if there is any cancellations sooner?

TIA

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Pieman1972,

Thank you for your post.

Are you trying to cancel an engineer appointment or having issues with your TV?

On your My Virgin Media on help > Order and Appointments do you have a screen grab so we know what you are seeing?

Zoie

Pieman1972
On our wavelength
Hi - thanks for the reply.....it was checking for an appointment earlier then I had originally.....i.e. see if I could pick up a cancellation.
In the end - I spoke to a member of the team on live chat and managed to bring the appointment forward 24 hours.....

Hi @Pieman1972

Glad to hear you were able to speak to a member of the team and bring the appointment forward. 

If you wouldn't mind returning to the thread to update us following the appointment, we will be pleased to know how you got on. Hope it all goes well - and let us know if there is anything else we can do to help in the meantime. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi there

All back and running normally now - Thanks very much 🙂

Hi @Pieman1972, thanks so much for your update.

That's fantastic news!

You're very welcome - please let us know if you ever need further help with anything else and we'll do our best to help!

Regards

Tom_W