Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 11 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant play shows from living TiVO to bedroom

@jbrennand Can you please confirm whether the MAKs on your V6s are the same or different?

I don’t have an MRS setup myself any more and it would be useful to know for future if the MAKs have to be the same for MRS to work.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 12 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

@jbrennand Can you please confirm whether the MAKs on your V6s are the same or different?

I don’t have an MRS setup myself any more and it would be useful to know for future if the MAKs have to be the same for MRS to work.

Many thanks.

Hi Ernie.  Yes - well at least 2 of them have identical MAK's - I suspect therefore, that the third one does too,  but the missus wont let me check as she is in the middle of a film Smiley Happy

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand

Excellent, thanks for doing that.

I’d gleaned from some research on US TiVo that V106 error could arise if the MAKs were not the same so was wanting to confirm for future reference.

That would appear to be the issue here as one of the boxes doesn’t have a MAK.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 14 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Rgardless of what the problem is, the V6 in the living room should be connected to the hub by Ethernet cable.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
stewarty61
Tuning in
Message 15 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advice Superuser 

Just tried network connection again and a reboot but the Key is still not available .

so it looks like on the phone early tomorrow .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 16 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

Rgardless of what the problem is, the V6 in the living room should be connected to the hub by Ethernet cable.

I certainly agree that the living room box would benefit from a better Hub connection. However, it is unlikely to be convenient to do so by direct Ethernet cable as the WiFi strength on 5GHz suggests it is more remote from the Hub than the bedroom one.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 17 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@stewarty61 wrote:

Thanks for your advice 

Just tried network connection again and a reboot but the Key is still not available .

so it looks like on the phone early tomorrow .

Yes, I’m afraid so - looks like an account issue, given there is no MAK on the new box.

0 Kudos
stewarty61
Tuning in
Message 18 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

There is no way that the living room box can be connected by ethernet cable as the living room is downstairs and the hub is upstairs 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 19 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@stewarty61 wrote:

There is no way that the living room box can be connected by ethernet cable as the living room is downstairs and the hub is upstairs 

There is a "third" way.  My lad uses these to connect his gaming PC and consoles as he says "wifi is pants" - he hasn't complained in 2 years.  They have pro's and con's - but worth a look and considering.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/network-wifi/best-powerline-adapters-3490638/

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 20 of 23
Flag for a moderator

So, connect the TV box nearest the hub by cable, that's what I was trying to say.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos