lithium1
Joining in

cant get catch up, on demand, or search, if it does come on it then freezes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On the assumption that you have a V6 and not a TiVo ...

A freezing box is probably a faulty one, but it depends on why it's freezing - all the functions you've described are internet-based, and a V6 relies on your home-hub for its connectivity.

So how is your V6 connected to your hub, is it Ethernet cabled or WiFi? On your V6, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and report what's shown in the top-right.

Do you get any error codes when trying to use VoD?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On the assumption that you have a V6 and not a TiVo ...

A freezing box is probably a faulty one, but it depends on why it's freezing - all the functions you've described are internet-based, and a V6 relies on your home-hub for its connectivity.

So how is your V6 connected to your hub, is it Ethernet cabled or WiFi? On your V6, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and report what's shown in the top-right.

Do you get any error codes when trying to use VoD?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply, dont know how but after weeks of having the problem it has all of a sudden started working . At least when I complained they reduced my bill by £30 .

Hi lithium1,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you were having. 

I'm glad to hear this is now all working for you. 

^Martin