cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant connect V6 Boxes - Error C423

Must4rd
Joining in

Hi

I had connected my V6 boxes via WIFI but it continually buffers when playing from another box so I decided to hard wire them.

My set up is 

Virgin Hub in Modem Mode

Netgear Orbi

Ethernet hub

I have connection to the internet, they are on the same subnet, netflix and on demand works. I can access both boxes from the virgin app.

Things I have tried so far

Rebooted boxes

Turned off boxes overnight

Connect to Virginnow service

Internet Tests

The only error I get is on the open ports but I cant work out how to open the same ports for both boxes. Hopefully someone can help me fix it. I dont really want to have to go back to Wireless if I can help it.

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Must4rd wrote:

I had connected my V6 boxes via WIFI but it continually buffers when playing from another box so I decided to hard wire them......

The only error I get is on the open ports but I cant work out how to open the same ports for both boxes.

The 2 are unrelated. The port configuration test often fails on perfectly working systems, mine included - so those results can be disregarded.

A good test is whether each individual box can use VoD ok - it's the same V6 <--> Hub connection being used. Also try the TV speed test.. Home > Help & Settings > Help > (top of screen) > TV Speed test. Also press "play" in the same test screen to view speeds rather than a simple pass/fail

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have 92mbps download and 41mbps upload.

Thanks for your post @Must4ard  and a very warm welcome to our Forums!

Can you please confirm if you've been able to speak to our team since your post to have this issue resolved?

If so, can you please tell me what you were advised? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

The first thing to do is to rule out the Netgear, so disconnect it, put your hub back into router mode and connect the V6s to the hub using Ethernet cables. Then report back on what happens.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I concur.

Whilst there's no reason your V6 shouldn't work perfectly well with your SH in modem mode and another router in the chain, there's two parallel lines to take here...

1: VM won't support third party routers and can only realistically advise to to use their hub as router

2: You need to prove whether modem mode is the cause, and you do that by looping your router out and connecting directly.

Once that's proven, you'll know where to go next.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks