cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot select Sky Arts HD on 140

davep1628
On our wavelength

Since the recent lineup changes, I can no longer select Sky Arts HD on it's new channel number 140. Every time I choose channel 140, the V6 (and my Tivo Box) switches the the channel for a few seconds and then changes to channel 139. This also happens with a couple of other HD channels - switch to them and after a few seconds they drop down a channel number.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening and what I can do to stop it?

Regards,

Dave

40 REPLIES 40

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Sky Arts HD is still on channel 140 for me. Reboot your V6, if the problem persists call it in as a fault.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Yes, Sky Arts HD is on 140 for me also, but when I switch to it, one either my V6 box or my Tivo box, it changes down one channel to 139, which is SyFy (if I remember correctly 🤔

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So there's several ways to select a channel on a V6...

Manually entering the channel number on your remote.

Seleting the channel from the EPG - mini or full-screen

Scrolling up & down through channels.

How does each of these methods behave when you try to get Sky Arts HD?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey davep1628 ,

My V6 did the same the day after the channel changes, I did a full reset, (using a paperclip to press the reset button).

By the time it had rebooted the channels were where the guide said they were with no skipping to another channel.

Give it a try 😉

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

I've tried powering the boxes off and back on again, but that seems to have had no effect. I've called Virgin Tech support, but after 40 minutes I don't seem to have been able to get them to understand the nature of the problem - they want to send me the Virgin Channel Guide (and the person I spoke to didn't know that the channel numbers had changed!).

I'm going to have to terminate the call soon as I have other things to do now. I guess I'll call them back tomorrow and go through it all again!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried refreshing your channel list?

Using your remote control -  Home > Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Steve1701 wrote:

I did a full reset, (using a paperclip to press the reset button).😉

There's 2 ways of resetting a V6...

Following the Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart menu

Clicking the power rocker switch off/on

If the channel in question is greyed out, I'd expect the refresh to work. If the channel isn't greyed out, then answers to post-4 will help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

davep1628
On our wavelength

So the last thing they said before i had to go was that sky arts HD is not in my package - it has been ever since i switched to Virgin Media. I’m on the Full House package - is anyone else on this package having problems with Sky Arts HD?

Dave.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Arts HD is available to Full House and Maxit TV customers as per the latest virgin-tv-channel-guide .

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali