cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot pair new V6 remote

Davemac12
Joining in

My old remote looked like it was about to give up the ghost any minute so ordered a new V6 remote from virgin. I've tried all sorts to get the new one to pair but nothing works.

Firstly I tried following the set up slip that was enclosed with the remote. Didn't work

I then went into settings and tried that way. Still no good. I've tried changing the batteries. I've unpaired the old remote but just can't get this new one to pair.

The issue appears to be when I push the 'info' button for 7 seconds. It stays red. There is no green flashing lights as the instructions say there should be.

I do get a green light when I hold the TV and clear buttons together. And again when I push the thumbs down button 3 times.

I think this sets it up in IR mode? Anyhow when I use the info button to pair, nothing

Please help. I'm going mad!

4 REPLIES 4

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Davemac12 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues pairing your V6 remote. 

We have a really handy video on how to do this here, let me know if you are still having the issues after this. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

DaveM0
Tuning in
Hi DaveMac12

On the V6 remote press and hold the TV & Clear button until the light flashes green 2 times then press thumbs down three times and OK. The remote will go back into IR mode. After this press the "-" (minus) button on the front of the V6 box until the white power light blinks. Then press OK on the remote again.

This will pair the remote via Bluetooth.

/Dave
----------
VM Field Operations Engineer
Any views expressed are those of my own and do not represent the views of Virgin Media o2.

Hi. I did try that previously but the new remote still wouldn't respond. By chance a virgin engineer was at my neighbours. He came in and checked my new remote and confirmed they have sent me a dud. They are sending out another one.

Hi Davemac12

Sorry to hear this has happened

Have you received the replacement remote yet 

Gareth_L