cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot pair V6 remote to LG TV

Hi2LoobyLoo
Joining in

Despite following on screen instructions I’ve been unable to pair to LGOLED55CX tv. None of the codes work.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Hi2LoobyLoo,

Here's a PDF of more TV Remote Codes 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

roger50
On our wavelength

hello

if its a LG magic controller as that will replace and work both tv and v6 box and is much easier to use than the actual virgin remote...in my option..

go to home dashboard then the cog/settings at top right of the screen has a green line click on it then down  to device connection then set it up in there as a set top box.

ive a lg magic and i use it all the time no need for two remotes also if you use the side display on tv right hand side (menu/home/info)you can use the buttons to move through the days via fast forward from say Thursday to Friday took me a bit of time to work that out.

this will work both tv and the virgin v6 box.

i hope this helps

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi

You can also try this to work through the codes.

Hold down the 'TV' and 'Clear' buttons together until the Green light flashes twice on the top of the remote

Then type in 0999 on the keypad

Then keep pressing up on the 'Ch' button until the TV goes onto standby

Turn the TV back on with the standby button and try the volume buttons.

If the volume and mute buttons work then press 'OK' to store the code.

Hope this works!

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Hi2LoobyLoo,

Here's a PDF of more TV Remote Codes 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Christy, did try that with no luck 😕

roger50
On our wavelength

hello

if its a LG magic controller as that will replace and work both tv and v6 box and is much easier to use than the actual virgin remote...in my option..

go to home dashboard then the cog/settings at top right of the screen has a green line click on it then down  to device connection then set it up in there as a set top box.

ive a lg magic and i use it all the time no need for two remotes also if you use the side display on tv right hand side (menu/home/info)you can use the buttons to move through the days via fast forward from say Thursday to Friday took me a bit of time to work that out.

this will work both tv and the virgin v6 box.

i hope this helps

Thanks Christy but still no success

Hi @roger50, that was a good workaround thanks.  I would still prefer to get the TiVo remote to pair but this will get us 90% functional.

Thanks @newapollo.  Still no joy but hopefully new codes will be issued soon?