Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot get Amazon Prime or Internet after clicking "Home"

I am not technical at all, but have just about learned how to "get around". Now, suddenly, I get "Ethernet is not connected" when hitting Internet icon, and "Internet Connectivity Problem" when hitting "Prime Video" (and yes, I am a Prime aid-up subscriber and have used it many times before on this TV).  
All my wires and connections seem to be secure.

I can still access the rugby on Amazon Prime via my PC whose broadband comes through the same cable.

In words of not more than 2 syllables, how can I fix this, please ?

And is the above connected with the fact that I have to go via 2Search and Discover" to access YouTube ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot get Amazon Prime or Internet after clicking "Home"

@ChrisDS 

I've moved your post to the V6 forum, so you might get some responses 😉

All the problems you've described would tend to suggest your V6 box doesn't have a reliable internet connection. The V6 connects to your homehub which then gives your onward connection - so how is your V6 connected to your superhub?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, the current connection status is reported in the top-right. What is shown?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your input. In the meantime I first managed to get a visit today (at 24 hours notice) from an excellent Virgin engineer from St Helens called Tom, who tried to solve my problem "every which way". He did show me a couple of workarounds, but we were still left with an inability to access the "Internet Browser" App..

But he finally gave me a form of words to use with John Lewis (from whom I bought the TV in 2019, so it's still under guarantee). A really helpful lady (it really was my lucky day today !) in their TV section spent 30 mins asking questions and then hElping me do a Factory Reset, at the end of which EVERYTHING WORKS FINE !

So all's well that ends well, and I'm all set to watch the Amazon Prime rugby this weekend, and to access the Internet Browser on my TV should I wish to do so.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@ChrisDS wrote:

He did show me a couple of workarounds, but we were still left with an inability to access the "Internet Browser" App.

Nope, I'm lost. I thought you were trying to use the Amazon Prime app on your V6.

This "internet browser" app is on your smart TV, the V6 doesn't have any need for one.

As long as you're sorted, that's the main thing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos