Menu
FREDGar
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Cannot access 1 V6 box from another

I have 2 v6 boxes but can't access either 1 from the other.I recently moved the main box but no rewiring was done.I have searched all FaQ's and forums help and have tried resetting both boxes. It was working fine after moving the main box then suddenly stopped showing on either

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot access 1 V6 box from another

Hi there

Have you gone into the 'Network settings' in the 'Settings' section on both V6 boxes and tried to reconnect them both to the Virgin Media Service. This may get them talking to each other again.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Aisling7
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue. Boxes not moved. Rebooted a few times. Checked network status and diagnostics etc. Both tivos are listed but I can’t access them. We installed WiFi extenders this week. One box is on Ethernet cable and the other is on the WiFi. Both are connected to virgin. 

0 Kudos
Leedh1985
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've got the same problem too. 

Both boxes connected to the Internet. The one downstairs is connected via ethernet, the one upstairs is online via WiFi.

Reset both boxes and connected to virgin network, but cannot see the 'other box' section in 'my shows'. 

0 Kudos
FREDGar
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No connection between boxes

Diagnostics says that "ports need to be opened" How does one do this???

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No connection between boxes

Ignore that - it usually says that even when working.

@FREDGar wrote:

Diagnostics says that "ports need to be opened" How does one do this???

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
FREDGar
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Nothing has worked... I have reset both boxes and, in the process, lost all my recordings!!!! Why it is impossible to contact an engineer to guide me through some process that is needed, I do not know.. Customer service is rubbish.... I have not had any response to an email sent 5 days ago. They are still taking my money but not providing the service I am paying for to the maximum satisfaction... Totally disgusted.... Considering going back to SKY

0 Kudos
FREDGar
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same problem even after doing a full reset of both boxes and losing all recordings in the process.
Surely there is a solution?????
0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi FREDGar,

Thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry you're having problems accessing one box from your other.

Can you please try the following and let me know if it helps: 

• Make sure both Virgin TV V6 or TiVo boxes are connected to the Hub using either an Ethernet cable or a Powerline kit
  • If you’ve just connected the Virgin TV V6 or TiVo boxes together, it can take a few minutes for a box to show up in your My Shows list or if you have just added a new Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box to your account, it can take up to 72 hours for your account to update with this information
  • If you’ve renamed a Virgin TV V6 or TiVo box, it must connect to the TiVo service to receive the new name; this can take up to 24 hours. To speed this up force a connection to the TiVo service by selecting Home then Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Media service now
  • Where the name of one of the Virgin TV V6 or TiVo boxes includes special characters, streaming recordings room to room can be affected. We’d recommend that you rename the box removing any special characters.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
FREDGar
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

.I am losing patience as I sent a message to Virgin and they have,not bothered to respond.

All was fine before I moved 1 box downstairs 2 meters across the room. The distance between the 2 boxes (direct line) is 4 meters maximum. No added structure is between them, no cables were changed, both boxes are set up exactly as when first installed.

I have done ALL that I have been advised to do an, finally, my boxes "see" each other. However, they will not connect

0 Kudos