cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pause or record TV

tomgraybooks
On our wavelength

After an hour on the phone I managed to change my TV package. Ten minutes later, I tried pausing live TV and it said 'Pause is not supported'. I turned the set top box off for one minute, then turned it back on again. It still won't pause live TV (Comedy Central, CBS Reality, BBC1). I also discovered that I can't record anything, either. I called VM and the automated voice said they would send an update to my box. That was an hour ago and it hasn't happened. I tried calling twice more, but both times I jump through hoops to get to speak to someone, then it rings 6 times and cuts me off!  I tried the online help but there isn't a category for 'Pause is not supported'.

I saw that this question was answered previously (the answer being, call them and insist on having an engineer sent round) but that's out of the question. Can't speak to anyone on the phone, or online via chat. Are there any other fixes for this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a couple of things you can try, as self-fixes..

1: Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and try a forced connection to VM using "Connect to Virgin Media services now". This assumes you have a working internet connection, but the same screen should tell you in the top-right if that's not the case.

2: Restart your box using the same Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart my TiVo box.

If these fail to resolve, then I can't think of any other self-fixes and I'd recommend calling in. Out of interest, why is calling back "out of the question"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks.

Calling back is out of the question because when I call they just cut me off.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whilst I sympathise with that, if the suggestions in my previous post don't resolve this, there's a distinct possibility this fault is caused by something on your account.

Calling in and being patient with the call queues will be the best way of resolving anything account-specific.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'll ty those suggestions. At the moment I managed to get someone on the chat. As for patience, It's not that I get bored and hang up, THEY hang up on ME.