cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair remote on V6 box

Wailsey
Joining in

I'm trying to pair a remote with a V6 box. I've gone through the steps to put the remote into RF mode. When I press the minus button on the front of the box, all that happens is the channels scroll if the box is on. 

If I turn the box off, so the light is red and then press the minus button, nothing happens. What's going on?

10 REPLIES 10

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Wailsey 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues when trying to pair your remote to your V6 TV box. Have you tried pairing the remote as seen here? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/using-your-remote How long have you been having this issue?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua_A, yes I've tried those steps outlined in the link. The controller will respond as per the steps but the V6 box does nothing when I press and hold the minus (-) button. All that happens is it scrolls through the channels. 

Thank you Wailsey

Just to clarify please, have you tried both options details below?

How to pair TV V6 & Virgin TiVo box remote to the box

1. Hold the minus button on the front of your V6 box down for 10 seconds.

2. The white power light on the box will go off as you’re holding the button, once the power light comes back on the box is ready for paring.

3. Now hold the Info button on the remote down for 7 seconds. The light on the remote should flash green twice.

4. Confirm the paring by holding the plus button on the front of the V6 box down until the remote starts beeping. The remote and V6 box should now be paired.

Note: The V6 can also be paired with the remote by accessing the following options and following the on screen instructions:

1. Select Home on the remote

2. Select Help & Settings

3. Select Settings

4. Select Devices

5. Select Remote Control Pairing

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes, I've tried those steps. Nothing happens when I press the minus button on the front of the box

Thanks for coming back to us @Wailsey and I'm sorry to hear that following the steps have been fruitless.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner, and I'll be able to order an alternative remote control to see if this resolves this issue for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I have two remotes and neither will pair. The remotes seem to behave as expected as per the instructions, it is the box that doesn't respond appropriately. 

Best regards, 

Hi Wailsey, 

I'm very sorry you're still having an issue with this. 

I can see one of my colleagues has pm'd you regarding this. 

I would recommend continuing to those messages so they can assist further. 

^Martin

vmlongtime
Joining in

Hello, I’m having problems pairing my remote, the lights stay red, I’ve tried all options as the above post but joy? We have noticed the remote was switching to IR intermittently but replacing the batteries fixed this for a short time, now it’s IR only. No problems with the network as I ran the diagnostics. It may be a coincidence but this has started since we had a VM outage this week?

Hi vmlongtime, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with getting your remote paired to your V6 box. 

As you've already tried our suggestions, I think the best thing to do here would be to order a replacement remote control for you. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security so I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs