cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Apps

hansi
Fibre optic

Is there a problem with Apps on the V6 Box? It says there's a problem with my network connection, but everything else connected to my Hub works ok?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hansi wrote:

Not sure how to post a photo.

When you're composing a reply, look at the symbols along the top-line of the message window.. All images posted need to be manually approved before they are publicly visible.

VM_Forum_insert_photo.JPG

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you view OnDemand programmes ok? That'll be a good test of the internet connection.

How is your V6 connected to your homehub, is it Ethernet or Wireless?

On your V6, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, what is reported in the top-right?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It says 80% excellent. I can't get On Demand

Wireless connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just by means of forum advice, you can edit posts for a short while after replying, by choosing "post options" in the top-right of your reply and clicking "edit post", this might be better than multiple short replies 😉

Your box reports 80% wireless strength which is reasonable - but is it "connected" or just showing a connection available? That's why I wanted to know everything that was reported. This is an example of where too little info can lead to more questions, too much info can't hurt.

If it's showing connected, then try using "connect to VM services" at the bottom of the screen.

Finally - you say OnDemand doesn't work... but how so? Do you get any error codes/messages?

Everything here points at your V6 not having a working internet connection... we just need to work out why.

There is no error message shown in On Demand. The opening page says my network settings are not connected yet my network settings page shows they are ok.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hansi wrote:

There is no error message shown in On Demand.

What happens when you try to watch an OnDemand programme? In all the years I've used TiVo & V6 boxes, and been posting here, this would be the first ever occasion where there's not been an error message or code somewhere.

@hansi wrote:

The opening page says my network settings are not connected yet my network settings page shows they are ok.

Nope, sorry - you've lost me. What or where is the "opening page", what is "my network settings page"? Can you explain what menu options you're choosing on your box, and perhaps post a picture of what the screen shows.

The opening page is the page that shows all the channels on the right hand side and the network shows the connection is 80 % and excellent. I really don't know how I can give you anymore info. Not sure how to post a photo.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hansi wrote:

Not sure how to post a photo.

When you're composing a reply, look at the symbols along the top-line of the message window.. All images posted need to be manually approved before they are publicly visible.

VM_Forum_insert_photo.JPG

Thanks. I ll try that tomorrow. May all be ol by then