Menu
doneganb
Joining in
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can my new V6 connect wirelessly to TV?

That’s the issue. It’s a wall in the middle of a room with steel beams that means we cannot hide any cables. It would look fantastically ugly whereas right now it’s aesthetically perfect but non-functional!

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You can get wireless HDMI senders that would transfer the video signal from a V6 in a different room, so if it's possible to hide one of those behind the TV somewhere and get power to it then that might be an option (though not a cheap one).

The V6 remote can work over RF so should be possible to control the box from a different room as long as the signal sis good enough.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The OP said his hub is a "couple of rooms away (8-10m distance)". How is the wireless signal going to get to the receiver?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

The OP said his hub is a "couple of rooms away (8-10m distance)". How is the wireless signal going to get to the receiver?

HDMI senders claim ranges of up to 30m, so 8-10 metres with walls shouldn't be out of the question (unless they're very thick walls).

e.g. https://www.keene.co.uk/purelink-cinema-series-hdmi-wireless-30m-extender-v2.html

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

"The maximum transmission distance of the Wireless-HDMI-Externder CSW110 is 30m in direct sight."

"The transmission outside of direct sight cannot generally be determined and is dependant on the local surroundings."

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@doneganb wrote:

That’s the issue. It’s a wall in the middle of a room with steel beams that means we cannot hide any cables. It would look fantastically ugly whereas right now it’s aesthetically perfect but non-functional!

TBH - your best option is to look at reconfiguring that room somehow. 

Perhaps some conduit tubing with pull ropes inserted (string!) under the floor boards and in a channel cut into the plaster to the back of the TV to the point where the Hub & TV are or to an outside wall where the second VM point could come in and cables could then be pulled through.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos