Menu
Highlighted
limathecat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can V6 remote scroll on volume control

I have managed to pair my V6 remote to my TV but the volume control only works by pressing it repeatedly - you can't hold it down to scroll volume quickly up and down as you can with all other remotes. Can this be changed?

0 Kudos
vircom
Super solver
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can V6 remote scroll on volume control

I find it only works by multiple presses on both my Samsung and LG TVs.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes it does work (basic Samsung TV).
But I seem to remember when I set it up, the first code that worked only worked like you describe, so I continued with more codes - I think it was the very next code that enabled it. Just try more codes.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi limathecat,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I'm glad to hear you found the code that works to control your TV with the Virgin control.

The V6 remote when pressing the volume button is meant to only go up by one notch at a time when pressed so you will need to press the volume button as many times as needed to get to the volume level you require.

Unfortunately we are not able to change this function for this.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
limathecat
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Louise - at least I can stop spending hours trying to find a fix.

I foresee regular orders of replacement remote controls as the button wears out! Seems a very odd retrogressive move.

Jackie

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I can assure you that on my basic (non Smart) and ~5 year old 32" Samsung TV, the V6 remote volume button certainly "DOES" scroll as you want it  to do.  As I said I had to try more codes but certainly found one that did.

I should also add that the same volume button scrolling technique "WORKS JUST FINE" with my other 2 V6 boxes and their remotes - one an old Panny 32"er  in the bedroom and the other a newish Panny 40"er in the living room.

If you cant get it to work then it must be that your TV model does not allow that function - or there is no code for that model.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Dav1d
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I can also confirm that holding the volume down does scroll the volume as you require.

As said previously, I also found the 1st code I tried required repeated presses.  Just carry on until you find a code that works when holding the volume down.

(Samsung TV)

limathecat
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your helpful answers. It's a nearly new Toshiba TV (around January) and it paired fairly quickly. I took your advice yesterday and spent ages going through the codes trying to find a better one. The trouble is that I have no idea how many codes it's going through - after I'd been trying for half an hour I started counting and had been through about 150 before it paired - I suspect it was probably scrolling through and had got back to the original paired code! The scrolling worked fine with my old Tivo remote and on the TV remote itself, just not on the V6. I think I might persevere with trying to find another code tonight ....

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi is really worth all the time and effort just simply pick up a second (tv) remote while still seated and use that.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
limathecat
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know that, thanks to your encouragement, I persevered with going through hundreds of codes and eventually found one that works - the V6 remote now scrolls the volume up and down. Thank you!!

0 Kudos