Menu
Highlighted
jonathanm1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can I have more than 2 V6 boxes?

I have two V6 boxes hard wired in my house. Is it possible to buy extra V6 boxes and watch Virgin TV in other additional rooms?  I've heard this is possible by using powerlines but before I buy an extra box on eBay (I'd prefer to buy a new one but can't see where to get one!) I want to understand if it's possible. Thanks!

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I have more than 2 V6 boxes?

Hi first of all you should not buy any virgin equipment as it is thier property therefore it's stolen, you go through virgin themselves and arrange for them to supply & fit it they will advise what the cost is.Regards Micky
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just to reinforce what LittleMick says.... any VM equipment you get from a third party (eBay, a mate, family,etc) just will simply just never work on your connection - the equipment is "registered" (tied) to a subscribers account.
VM require you to get new equipment from them and a subscription. The costs for all of this is shown on their shop website

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
jonathanm1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can't seem to find the right shop website.  All I get is content - not hardware.  Do you have a link?

@jbrennand wrote:
Just to reinforce what LittleMick says.... any VM equipment you get from a third party (eBay, a mate, family,etc) just will simply just never work on your connection - the equipment is "registered" (tied) to a subscribers account.
VM require you to get new equipment from them and a subscription. The costs for all of this is shown on their shop website

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV V6 box: There is a £99.95 fee for existing customers taking their first Virgin TV V6 plus £35 set up fee.  Virgin TV V6 box included with selected bundles. New customers taking their first Virgin TV V6 will not be charged extra. Customers wishing to upgrade or take an additional V6 will be charged an upfront fee of £99.95, but the £35 set up fee applies. New Ultimate Oomph customers get second Virgin TV V6 box for free (plus £35 set up fee). Additional Virgin TV V6 boxes are available for £99.95 plus £35 set up fee plus £7.50 per month. Additional Virgin TV V6 boxes are available to new customers for £49.95 plus £35 set up fee plus £7.50 per month.

The relevant part to you:

’Additional Virgin TV V6 boxes are available for £99.95 plus £35 set up fee plus £7.50 per month.’

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You can have up to five boxes subject to signal levels being adequate for this number. Bear in mind that each cable split results in signal loss.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jonathanm1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.  But where have you copied and pasted from?  Or do I have to call them?  I'm just conscious that every time I call I seem to get people who aren't quite able to answer my question!

0 Kudos
jonathanm1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How do I measure signal levels?  That a new one on me.  I know how to get speed, but signal....?  Cheers in advance!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@jonathanm1 wrote:

How do I measure signal levels?  That a new one on me.  I know how to get speed, but signal....?  Cheers in advance!

All Virgin kit runs on radio frequencies. More cable means more resistance on your drop line. Therefore you can only split the feed a finite number of times before the resistance in the coax cable becomes too great that the equipment connected won’t work to specifications. As a result, Virgin has set a maximum amount of equipment that can be used per account.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@jonathanm1 wrote:

You order the number of V6s you want and you have to have a hub as well. It will be a manned installation and the technician will check the signal levels.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos