cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I choose subtitle language for Amazon Prime Video?

philws
On our wavelength

It is easy to turn subtitles on and off, but I cannot find how to select the language. It always (shows and) uses the first listed language which is frequently not English. I have tried pretty much all buttons in the remote.

Any ideas how to choose the language?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @philws 

When the video is playing press the down button on the 360 directional pad. Then choose Subtitle. if there is more than one option it will be listed when you click on the dropdown. If only one language is available it will appear as Languages (1) The same applies if you press Audio & Languages.

I tested this by selecting German as the language when playing Big Bang Baby (there where 31 language options) 

When opening the prime app you can also choose Settings (top right hand corner) and select Language. Then on the drop down that opens (Language preferences) you can choose the language to use within the app. This is used throughout the interface, and also where available in audio and closed captions of movies and series.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @philws 

When the video is playing press the down button on the 360 directional pad. Then choose Subtitle. if there is more than one option it will be listed when you click on the dropdown. If only one language is available it will appear as Languages (1) The same applies if you press Audio & Languages.

I tested this by selecting German as the language when playing Big Bang Baby (there where 31 language options) 

When opening the prime app you can also choose Settings (top right hand corner) and select Language. Then on the drop down that opens (Language preferences) you can choose the language to use within the app. This is used throughout the interface, and also where available in audio and closed captions of movies and series.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali