cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS1012 Error message on New V6 box terrible customer service

Theredboop01
Joining in

I received a v6 box today and set it up I’m getting an error code CS1012. I can’t speak to anyone to help me they’ve said the systems down and they don’t know when it will be back up. A lady said a manager would call me back. They never,  I’ve rang again a few hours later. The lady said she was connecting me to a manager I’ve been on hold for an hour. I’ve had to reconnect my old box. Absolutely fuming

18 REPLIES 18

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@newapollo wrote:

In normal circumstances, if you are receiving new equipment, then  the package changes aren't actioned until the equipment is activated.

Not always the case Dave.... there's been a few cases recently, of package changes requested at the same time as multiroom. The additional box is on-hold at the moment, but the package change was still done a few days later.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for clarifying that for me japitts, in those instances it makes sense to complete the package changes  🙂

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Right I’ve finished work having another go, it’s sating please wait while we are fetching your account details this may take up to 15 minutes (this happened yesterday before the error message) 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you've genuinely been sent a V6, then try following... Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to Virgin Media services now. And then wait 15 or so minutes

If you've been sent a V360, then this won't work and you will need to call VM to resolve this - almost certainly by a replacement V6 being sent out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I’ve had an absolute nightmare today, sat on the phone for a good two hours with someone from the technical department. He said I can’t fix it, he’ll put it through to another department they will fix in the next two hours. That was two and a half hours ago. Screen just says welcome and keeps rebooting its self. Back on the phone again. Can’t even watch the TiVo box now because it’d doing the same thing 

@Theredboop01 wrote:

I’ve had an absolute nightmare today, sat on the phone for a good two hours with someone from the technical department. He said I can’t fix it, he’ll put it through to another department they will fix in the next two hours. That was two and a half hours ago. Screen just says welcome and keeps rebooting its self. Back on the phone again. Can’t even watch the TiVo box now because it’d doing the same thing 

This is a joke. I’m in the same boat as you. None of the advisors actually understand the issue or know how to resolve it, sick of being on the phone all day for the last 2 days trying to get someone to sort it. Please continue to update with how you get on and what action was taken to fix the CS1012 issue. 

Hello, im sorry you have had the same experience as me, (I wouldn't wish it on anyone) when I eventually got though.  I was told the system was down again and there was a fault at their end. The customer service man actually said to me I don't know when the issue can be fixed I dont want to give you false hope it could be a week not a month!!! (I had been on the phone a total of three and a half hours to them just today)..I said I wanted to leave I was absolutely blazing. He put me through to another department a Scottish guy. He was really understanding and helpful. He told me an engineer was needed to come out, someone is coming out on Sunday. I can't fathom why the other guy didn't say that and just tried to fob me off. Good luck 👍

Thanks for the update. What did you say to get them to send out an engineer? 

Hi, I was getting a different error message at then end of it (can’t remember what it was sorry)  so you might be okay without an engineer. I was just honest and said I wanted to leave. Good luck