cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS1012 Error message on New V6 box terrible customer service

Theredboop01
Joining in

I received a v6 box today and set it up I’m getting an error code CS1012. I can’t speak to anyone to help me they’ve said the systems down and they don’t know when it will be back up. A lady said a manager would call me back. They never,  I’ve rang again a few hours later. The lady said she was connecting me to a manager I’ve been on hold for an hour. I’ve had to reconnect my old box. Absolutely fuming

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What was the reason for your new V6? Is this...

A fault replacement? A new TV install? An additional room where you already have a coax point?

CS1012 is usually caused by a V360 box being supplied when your account was expecting a V6. The 2 boxes are shown here - the hardware is identical, but the software platform is completely different.

Therefore... what was the reason for the new box, and were you expecting a V6 or a V360?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The problem may be due to this https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Equipment-Activation/td-p/4620458

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@newapollo wrote:

In normal circumstances, if you are receiving new equipment, then  the package changes aren't actioned until the equipment is activated.

Not always the case Dave.... there's been a few cases recently, of package changes requested at the same time as multiroom. The additional box is on-hold at the moment, but the package change was still done a few days later.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for clarifying that for me japitts, in those instances it makes sense to complete the package changes  🙂

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you've genuinely been sent a V6, then try following... Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to Virgin Media services now. And then wait 15 or so minutes

If you've been sent a V360, then this won't work and you will need to call VM to resolve this - almost certainly by a replacement V6 being sent out.

18 REPLIES 18

Theredboop01
Joining in

Did you get this sorted. I have the same problem?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What was the reason for your new V6? Is this...

A fault replacement? A new TV install? An additional room where you already have a coax point?

CS1012 is usually caused by a V360 box being supplied when your account was expecting a V6. The 2 boxes are shown here - the hardware is identical, but the software platform is completely different.

Therefore... what was the reason for the new box, and were you expecting a V6 or a V360?

v6ndetta
Joining in

I am having the exact same issue and experience as you. Received a replacement v6 box as my old one was faulty (loose hdmi connector). Plugged new box in today and was met with same CS1012 error code.

In total, phoned Virgin 5 times. Twice was told system down call later.

Third time transferred to incorrect automated department.

4th time call was answered but agent was not speaking so had to hang up.

5th time was on hold for 20 minutes then call cut out at 9:00 (assume they shut). Basically spent my entire day trying to get someone to fix this issue.

Seems that agents dont actually know what this issue is and kept wanting me to reboot the box despite me doing this about 10 times. Even told the agents to check online on the forums as this error code has become prevalent in the last few weeks but i dont think they really bothered to check, instead they stuck to their scripts of "Let me try sending a manual hit" and "Try turning the wifi off". Pretty annoyed and want to know if anyone else or OP have sorted this issue yet, or how can we sort the issue?

I see someone said the issue can occur if you have been sent a 360 box, well i am not sure if i have been sent that box as the new box did not come supplied with a remote which would have differentiated the boxes for me as physically the boxes look the same?

It was to replace a tvio box, I also upgraded my package. I’m going to try again later 

I got the V6 box and it was what I was expecting 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The problem may be due to this https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Equipment-Activation/td-p/4620458

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thanks for your reply Dave, what I can’t understand either is. I’ve put back in the old TiVo box but I can’t watch any of the channels on the updated package (The maxit one) Do you think it might not recognise the box because the system still thinks I’m on my old package and TiVo box

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you've done some package changes that have also included a box-swap, then frankly anything's possible in this scenario...

Until the current issues with account provisioning are resolved and/or CS can advise you with some certainty, then you have to assume that all bets are off, frankly.

I appreciate that doesn't help you, but your hypothesis that your package change has not currently been actioned, is entirely feasible.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In normal circumstances, if you are receiving new equipment, then  the package changes aren't actioned until the equipment is activated.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.