cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COAX

RhianC
Tuning in

Can someone please help me with which specific coax cable (or attachment) will fit my box as the lead from the splitter does not fit (Virgin have not helped after 4 phone calls … even sending a remote control…)

the lead from the splitter is the same width as the coax entry - therefore will not fit together

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You cannot connect the V6 directly to a coaxial cable as an IEC connector is required. Ask VM for this connector. In this photo see the coaxial cable connected to the V6 via the IEC connector (far left).

20181126_001138_15.jpg

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

RhianC
Tuning in

We are having the exact same problem and are told to source the cable from amazon 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you can post a photo of what you are trying to attach to it might help.

Thanks.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RhianC wrote:

We are having the exact same problem and are told to source the cable from amazon 

Duplicate posts merged to keep them in the same place - I very much doubt you would be officially advised to source co-ax cables from Amazon.

That said, as per nodrogd - post some pictures of what you mean and someone can advise.

@RhianC 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You cannot connect the V6 directly to a coaxial cable as an IEC connector is required. Ask VM for this connector. In this photo see the coaxial cable connected to the V6 via the IEC connector (far left).

20181126_001138_15.jpg

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

E3E4BAD2-2653-4A39-9E98-53E27BEDFE41.jpeg

Thanks 

5A3CD3CE-8AA0-40D5-B418-337CC71204BC.jpeg

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RhianC

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear this, I'm going to send you a PM so we can get this sorted for you. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide