cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C501 error

Bowers285
Joining in

I’m getting error code c501 when I try to go on apps from the menu. I also can’t go on catch up or on demand. - I’ve unplugged and rebooted twice and nothing worked. I’ve ‘ran a test’ and it’s saying there’s no issues! Can anyone help? Really don’t want to have to call them. Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The V6 gets its internet connection via your homehub, which provides onward connectivity for OnDemand, streaming & all updates, so the first question is... how is your V6 connected to your hub? Is it wireless or Ethernet cable?

You've mentioned "ran a test", but what test was this? We need to know how your V6 is connected to your hub before being able to advise further.

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network to check your box's 'net connection - look in the top-right. Does it report connected?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It’s connected by a Ethernet cable. On the virgin media website you can run a test to see the status of your connection etc, I done this and they say there’s no problems. I’ve also gone into settings, network settings on the tv and it reports as connected. I’ve turned off by the plug etc and it still doesn’t work. - my internet is fine though so I don’t get it. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bowers285 wrote:

I’ve also gone into settings, network settings on the tv and it reports as connected

At the bottom of the same screen, click on "connect to Virgin Media service now" and wait perhaps 20minutes.

Re-check the same screen, does a successful connection show with the correct timestamp on the left?

Edit: While my advice will do no harm whatsoever... this has now been raised as a fault.... https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/VOD-501-Error/td-p/4773218 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeah I done this twice and it connected but the apps etc still didn’t work. 
ive gone back onto my virgin account and it now says there aware of an issue with the tv catch up services in my area and an engineer is trying to fix it. - thank you so much for your help anyway!!