cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C423

niccot
Tuning in

I have 2 x V6 tivo boxes, I am unable to connect between the 2 even though they are both have a good network service (96%). We have the hub in modem mode and have 2 x asus routers. One by the hub and one upstairs. Any advice how to resolve it please?

14 REPLIES 14

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

How are you connecting the TiVo boxes?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

1 x Tivo is hardwired and 1 x is on WiFi currently. Previously they were both hard wired and we had the same error code, when the engineer came out he advised to keep the upstairs one on WiFi.

They usually have to be on the same physical network.

Have you made sure they have IP addresses in the same subnet assigned to them?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

Yes they are both on the same IP as the router. It looks like the issue is the DNS is showing the gateway (the routers IP). Is there a way to set the DNS on the tivo box?

What DNS have you specified on the router?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@niccot 

I've moved your post to the V6 section of the board.

Can the V6 use OnDemand services ok? That's a good way of testing the V6's connection to the hub.

Has this always been a problem, or has it just started?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

yes both tivo boxes have access too all demand functions, apps and recordings. They have good connectivity, the on WiFi 95% 216 Mbps

The issue started 3 weeks ago

it's set to 194.168.4.100