cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C233 WiFi Disconnecting from V6 box

Mobes
Up to speed

Hi all

Around once a week, sometime more I get the pop up on the V6 box saying I have to restart the box as there’s no WiFi connection to it!

WiFi signal is normally between 82-90%

Physically can’t connect by Ethernet but the hub is on the same floor as the box and only a few meters between them (although in different rooms!

i have a VM power line attached to the Hub and the other end downstairs which works well for WiFi in the garden! So I tried buying another power line from Argos and hook it up by Ethernet but it actually made the box slower lol

Any ideas why the WiFi should be disconnecting so much?

Ta!

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How well do other wireless devices work, in the same location as your V6? There also shouldn't be a need to reboot your box to regain a connection - when you get this error, go into Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and check what's shown in the top-right.

I can't think of any reason why a powerline should make your box any slower.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

iPhone and laptop work fine! Full signals on both! 

Pretty sure the message I get tells me to reboot but when it happens again I’ll take a screenshot of what it says!

Will also do what you suggested re: help and settings and see what I says

thansk 👍🏼

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Something else to check over is, that the VM Superhub has one single SSID (WiFi network name) that allows seamless "roaming" between the 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz wireless bands.

The V6 gives an indication of which band it's using in the network screen, but check the other devices for which they're using. It can make a difference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks