cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C219 error new install

rotty66
On our wavelength

I have a VM bundle but have never used the TV (been sat in a box 5 years) I now want to use it and connected it all 

it asked for wifi info and I set that up (also tried ethernet) and connected the coax but it goes to do a s/w install and fails with error c219

I have no idea if the coax is properly connected to the system as its never been used 

called 150 and it sent me a SMS with a link, it ran some tests which said it couldn't see the box and then disconnected me

Can't find a way of getting any more help

Anyone have any ideas as to what fault may be or even how I get hold of someone to assist

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM TV boxes are often deactivated if they're not connected for longer than a month or so, this is almost certainly part of the issue here.

@rotty66 wrote:

called 150 and it sent me a SMS with a link, it ran some tests which said it couldn't see the box and then disconnected me

Once you've chosen the options for "I have a fault with my TV service" (which you do), ignore all the suggestions of getting a link for this, or going self-service that, just wait on the line without pressing anything else.

After a couple of ignored reminders, you should join the queue for a faults agent who should be able to rectify.

The V6 will need 2 connections - the coax provides live TV channels, the Ethernet cable (which is always recommended over wireless) provides the internet connection for OnDemand, streaming and various updates.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM TV boxes are often deactivated if they're not connected for longer than a month or so, this is almost certainly part of the issue here.

@rotty66 wrote:

Once you've chosen the options for "I have a fault with my TV service" (which you do), ignore all the suggestions of getting a link for this, or going self-service that, just wait on the line without pressing anything else.

After a couple of ignored reminders, you should join the queue for a faults agent who should be able to rectify.

The V6 will need 2 connections - the coax provides live TV channels, the Ethernet cable (which is always recommended over wireless) provides the internet connection for OnDemand, streaming and various updates.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

rotty66
On our wavelength

Thanks

managed to speak to someone, they couldn't resolve but are sending someone out Wednesday

Appreciate your help

Hi @rotty66 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you were having issues installing an old TV box. We are however glad to see that our team was able to assist with booking an appointment for this. Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs