cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C133 error, no saved TV progs

Nashby1
Tuning in

Regularly in recent weeks, quite often at the weekend, I have no access to my saved shows on my V6,  you tube, Netflix etc. my hub is hard wired to my V6 box, so assume it is a docsys 3.0 error, more than a V6 box issue. The issue remains for a day or two, we then book in an engineer to visit and miraculously it starts working, but after 3-4 days of pain. 

this is the 3rd time this has happened in the past 8 weeks and always at the weekend.  Not good for family viewing.  Getting through to VM to get refunds is nigh on impossible as their network always says it is working, which it clearly isn’t.

I am reasonably technical myself and have done hard resets on V6 box and hub, but issue remains.  VM call centre always points the finger at the issue being at my home, but I remain 99% certain the issue is on their network.  What is a c133 network error anyway, they must know?

When testing connection on V box, it doesn’t connect, hence the thought docsys signal not getting through.

please can anyone help or at least pin the issue on VM so they resolve faster than they usually do?

thx

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Nashby1 

The ethernet cable may have worked loose, or It may have just been a handshaking issue and reconnecting whether in the same port or another one resloved the problem.

You could always test all the ethernet ports on the hub by placing both ends of a known working ethernet cable into the ports.

The ports should both light up.If one of these does not then you are missing connectivity and that would point to a possible faulty ethernet port or cable.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

C133 is often a "loss of connection to Tivo-platform" error, but you should still be able to play recordings with the error active and no internet connection - so I suspect that's not the whole issue here.

When you have the problem, check the networkè connections screen: Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and report what's shown. Your active net connection will be shown in the top-right.

Also check whether other devices connected to the same router have a working Internet connection - tablets, phones, laptops etc

In this case, let's cover the basics and go - methodically - from there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Last status: failed, unrecoverable error.

last success noon today. Last attempt 8pm this evening.

ip addr: 192.168.0.13

Wired Ethernet adapter connected.

testing network connection doesn’t work, takes forever just trying to connect unsuccessfully and then fails after c. 3 mins.

Surely all this points to an error between house and street cab, especially as when this has happened in the past, nothing I did at home resolved the issue.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Nashby1 

Have you tried a different ethernet cable, or different ethernet port on the hub?

What happens if you remove the ethernet cable from the V6 and try a wireless connection?

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thx Dave, moving to other Ethernet ports has seemingly removed the error. Does this mean a port error on hub?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Nashby1 

The ethernet cable may have worked loose, or It may have just been a handshaking issue and reconnecting whether in the same port or another one resloved the problem.

You could always test all the ethernet ports on the hub by placing both ends of a known working ethernet cable into the ports.

The ports should both light up.If one of these does not then you are missing connectivity and that would point to a possible faulty ethernet port or cable.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Many thx

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sometimes the simple, obvious things are the best fixes!

A lost internet connection still shouldn't affect your recordings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Whilst the shows are being listed in My Shows, I suspect they are pulling from bbc iPlayer or the like, as they are somewhat older programmes, hence the connection may have been an issue.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I did have a suspicion you were talking about VoD bookmarks rather than genuine recordings.

These are intentionally designed to look and feel like recordings by being listed in "My shows".. but they're not recordings, just mere shortcuts to VoD content. The shortcut shouldn't be affected by a loss of internet connectivity, but the ability to play it, would be.

Recordings are stored on your V6 hard drive and don't use the internet - regardless of age.